|My first "modern" String Quilt|
Being quite an "orderly" gal, I felt that I had to have some kind of uniformity by keeping the gold colour strips the same width and in the same place in all the blocks, while the rest of them were cut all different widths and sewn randomly onto the newsprint squares which were cut to finish at10 inches square. It was a great opportunity to destash and I must say quite liberating to sew. Yes, I could go for this!
|String Quilt showing backing|
I used a hand dyed backing fabric from Amafu Fabrics and as it was not quite wide enough at 150cm, I learned from Glenda how to do a diagonal seam to save fabric. A great idea I must say!
|Showing fmq design|
I finished it off with an all-over design which I frequently use on my quilts and finally bound it with the same backing fabric.
I love how this single size bed quilt turned out and it will probably head off to a grandchild.
Thanks for visiting. I have another modern quilt in the pipeline......