26 September 2012

Chocolat et Creme


I have just this week finished a wall hanging with a lot of negative space where I've been able to do some free motion quilting.  I'm very pleased with how it has turned out and was excited to use some of Ann Peterson's techniques which she taught in her tutorial, "Beyond Basic Machine Quilting".  The pieced pattern was designed by Joanna Figueroa and appears in her book, "Fresh Vintage Sewing".  It hangs on a brass rod above our television.

Chocolat et Creme




  Here are a few close ups of the stitching.

Centre with beading




The center block I have used beads from my girls' wedding dresses.
A view of a corner



This is a view of one of the corners to show the feathering.  I have micro-stippled all around the feather.








This quilt was sewn on my new machine, an Elna 720.  Photos of it can be found under "Elna 720"!

No comments:

Post a Comment